Monday, November 23, 2009

That Smile!



I was so delighted when I checked my email this afternoon. I had a message from a couple that just got back from Ethiopia. They were there early this month picking up their two adopted children. They happened to be at the same orphanage where Ayantu is. They overheard one of the nannies refer to a little girl as "Ayantu". They asked our contact there if she was the Knapp's daughter and he confirmed she was! These dear friends [whom I've never met, by the way] took a bunch of pictures for us! They sent 2 of them in the email this morning and have about 12 more!

When I looked at the changes in Ayantu I started to cry. This was the first time we've ever seen a smile on her face! It is priceless. She looks like she is starting to adapt to the change she has been through being placed in an orphanage. She is also getting bigger! Her face is filling out and her hair is adorable! Thank you so much, Dirnberger Family, for thinking of us and blessing us in this way!

We are still awaiting our travel dates from our Agency. As soon as we hear from them, we will be pulling the trigger on booking our flights!!

1 comment:

Chris said...

She is absolutely beautiful!