Wednesday, March 16, 2011

It Was OVER!



Knowing Brian was there safely put my mind at ease. Now, I just had to get through the next 3 days wondering what he was thinking, seeing and experiencing with Juliana. The day he arrived he was greeted by the McIntyre's and was able to stay with them in their home. Joe and Emily were also there. They had arrived several days earlier and had lots of opportunities to love on some of the babies.

I never got to see Brian's reaction to seeing and holding Juliana for the 1st time. But I do know that he fell in love with her immediately and it was over! Remember how I had been praying that God would lead us through Brian and not me...well, don't really think it mattered because either way we would have been sold out!

Brian was able to spend a couple days interacting with Julie. He got to wake her up, feed her breakfast, lunch and dinner. He was able to change her diapers, play with her and really just hold her as much as he wanted. I was told by Emily later that Brian got quite protective of Julie. He would be the 1st one up in the morning so he made sure Julie was able to see him when she woke up! How cute is that!

The temperatures were quite miserable during his stay. I remember it was in the upper 90's but felt more like 110 degrees. Brian also had the opportunity to help with Brian and Debbie's move into their new facitlity for the babies. It was great for him to be able to play a part in that and be able to see first hand what God was doing through the McIntyre's.

On Sunday, his flight back to the States went well. Everything was on time and he was back to our house in the early afternoon. I was at work when he got home. He gracioulsy stayed up with his jet lag so when I got home he could debrief on his trip and share what he was sensing our response was to be regarding Juliana.

No comments: