Wednesday, September 22, 2010

School Days



Ayantu started Preschool this year! Oh my word...she loves it!! We decided to enroll her in 2 mornings a week this year to help build upon her language and then we'll do three days a week next year. The first day was a little rough for me and her saying saying "goodbye"! But now I pull up to school, Ayantu sees her teachers waiting outside for the kids, she grabs her bag and says "bye Mom"! I have to beg her to turn back around for a kiss and hug! I can't believe how good this has been for her! She is meeting new kids, learning to share, and building more confidence in herself and her abilities! Her first field trip will be in a couple weeks to a local dairy farm. I told Ayantu she will be going to see cows on her field trip and then asked her what cows say? Her response: "WOOOOO"!

Love this kid! Keep it up Ayantu! We are so proud of you!





2 comments:

Janice said...

Hi There,

I was doing a search on the internet to try to find the meaning of the name Ayantu and your blog popped up.
I am also adopting and my husband and I would like to use Ayantu as our daughter's middle name. Do you know what it means?

Janice

Janice said...

No need to respond, I read further in your blog and saw that it means a Gift from God.

Janice